Okay, let's get caught up:
- I moved to Orlando from Fresno last year for a new job and promotion
- The opportunity was great and I fell in love with Orlando
- The job was workworkwork all the time
- Like, ALL the time
- Like, there was this high pitched keening sound in my mind at all times related to workworkwork.
- So I got a new job
- I work from home with my four furry co-workers (who are lazy and snore all day)
- The job is GREAT
- I'm becoming human again which for me means that I am speaking to other people about things that are not related to work, and I have the time and mental energy to actually do things I love like knit and read and make things
- Okay, I'm also doing an Executive MBA program, so most of my reading is related to school, but that's cool because I love school
Yesterday morning before work I was poking around Facebook trying to find good coffee shops near me - I know a lot about the evening stuff (bars and restaurants) that are in my neighborhood but not so much about the daytime stuff because...well, I was never actually here during the day. So - coffee shops. I found a link to a coffee shop near my house that happened to be doing an essential oil make and take. I've always been fascinated by essential oils and I thought, well hell - WHY NOT?
So I went. Like, totally as easy as that. And it was silly amounts of fun and now essential oils aren't nearly as scary to me as they were and I MADE THINGS.
I made a roller to take the itch out of bug bites, an after sun salve, bath salts that will make me smell like key lime pie, a bug repellent spray, and as a prize I won a grapefruit scrub.
I know my job will get very busy and will be demanding and I'm totally okay with that, but I have to, HAVE TO, have more balance in my life and protect the time to do things and spend time with people that help me keep perspective.
So - HI and I STILL MAKE THINGS!