One of the fun things about going on an almost two month makeup no-buy is that I get to rediscover all of the fun things I already have in my collection. Okay, if I'm being totally honest, having to shop my stash for the next six weeks (I've officially decided to call off the no-buy when I get to Las Vegas at the end of July) means that I might actually TRY some of the fun things I have in my stash. Because I am a person who loves rules (shush), I'm approaching Week 2 of my no-buy with the following rules, er, guidelines...:
- This week is for the High End products which means that I'll focus on some high end brands in my collection, aiming to use them for each step in my every day makeup routine.
- I *can* choose to use the same product all week.
- By "week" I mean Monday through Friday.
- If something isn't working for me, and I don't have another high end alternative, and I can't figure out how to get the product to work for me, I can use something that isn't high end.
- By "high-end" I mean brands like Chanel, YSL, Chantecaille. MAC made the cut only because that's the highest end brand of brow product I currently own.
So, the look for today:
Undereye Highlight: Guerlain Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator
Concealer: The Balm TimeBalm Liquid Concealer
Cream Bronzer: Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base
Cream Blush and Lipstick: YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush Lips & Cheek in Rose Frivole (2)
Cream Highlight: Benefit Girl Meets Pearl (I am OBSESSED WITH THIS)
Setting Powders: Undereye: itCosmetics Bye Bye Pores Silk HD Anti-Aging Micro-Powder; Face: KOH GEN DO Natural Lighting Powder
Brow: MAC Brow Pencil in Ash Blonde (This may be discontinued)
Powder Bronzer: YSL Highlight Powder for the Complexion (LE)
Powder Blush: Chanel Joues Contraste in Accent
Powder Highlight: Diorskin Ultra Shimmering All Over Face Powder in 02 Amber Diamonds (may also be discontinued)
Mascara: Too Faced Better than Sex
Cream base: Diorshow Fusion Mono in 661 Meteore
My overall feelings? The Guerlain primer makes my face a little more dewy looking than I am used to and the foundation is maybe still a shade or two too dark for me still. Because the foundation was a little dark for me, the blush, which is already a bronzy color, didn't show up as well as I would like. I am going to try the same primer with a different, more Matte foundation tomorrow to see if I like that combination better, but overall, I felt my skin looked good and my eye makeup lasted all day without creasing.
Today was the first time I used the YSL product as a lip product as well and the verdict? I really, really liked it!
I'm kind of obsessed with golden, bronzy eyes right now, and the two quads I used from YSL really helped me achieve the look, but I definitely needed the Chanel palette for a couple of matte shades and a good browbone highlight.
Hope you pick up some helpful tidbits from me shopping my stash and happy Monday!